Do you think you can tell a legitimate email or text from a fake/malicious email or text?
Try your skills out on the ten samples below. We’ll go easy on you!
(If you become a member you’ll find longer, more in-depth quizzes, and quizzes that include live links to test your mouse-over skills. The quizzes also include an explanation and your results will be tallied along with other members.)
INSTRUCTIONS: Take out a piece of paper and get a pencil… You’ve got ten chances below. Simply look at each screenshot below (picture of a text or email) and write down whether you think it is legit or a scam. (We’ve scrubbed people’s real names and emails from these to protect privacy.) Answers can be found through the link at the bottom of the page. No fair peeking!
1. Capital One Activation Center
2. Two Messages on Facebook for You
3. Google Wallet
4. PayPal Credit Card Expiration Notice
5. Southwest Air Gift Card
6. Update your Verizon Billing Information
7. Google Play Chromebook Order
8. PayPal July Account Statement
9. Chase Bank Irregular Activity
10. Twitter Prize Giveaway